Do you eat when no one is looking? Do you turn to food when you’re tired, bored, or frustrated, even when you’re not hungry?
If so, you’re in the right place.
I understand because I’ve been there too.
After years of dieting, I dulled my anxiety, alleviated my boredom, and distracted myself from loneliness by burying my feelings with food. It was all about the need to control my weight in the hopes that I’d be more loveable, successful, and happy if I were thin enough.
Those days are gone and now I’m living proof that it’s possible to quit dieting, stop eating your feelings, and approach food in a balanced way.
Why is it so hard?
Emotional and binge eating are patterns created in response to stressful feelings and situations. At one time, maybe you needed a way to cope and food made you feel better so it became your automatic response to stressful situations and uncomfortable feelings. It’s frustrating to see the pattern and not know how to change it.
Why didn't other solutions work?
Most people are only equipped to tell you what worked for them. The problem is that you aren’t them and they haven’t had the same experiences that you have so you may try their advice and systems but it won’t feel like a perfect fit.
I have worked with women of all types to address the underlying issues that created these patterns and helped them change their perception and behaviours so they could enjoy food without the fear of losing control.
Hi, I’m Stephenie and I help women make peace with foods they’ve labelled off-limits, enjoy food without the fear of losing control, connect with their bodies, and cope with their emotions without using food. As a Body Confidence Coach and Intuitive Eating Counsellor, I specialize in somatic cognitive energy techniques. They help rewire the brain, create more positive thoughts, patterns and behaviours while addressing underlying emotions.
"Working with Stephenie has been a wonderful and life-changing experience. I honestly do not feel like the same person… I now feel confident, self-assured, and ready to shine my light."Jennifer Tabrizi, Burlington, Ontario, Canada
"Stephenie helped me connect to my emotions again to release things from my past that were no longer serving me. She made me feel comfortable and safe to express myself!"Michelle Kirk, Port Huron, Michigan, USA
What we’ll do together in the program, “It’s not what you’re eating. It’s what’s eating you.”
- explore your history with food and how dieting has interfered with your life,
- work through underlying emotional issues or stressors that contributed to your eating patterns,
- rewire the brain, changing those learned patterns and behaviours,
- shift your mindset from restriction to self-care and self-compassion,
- create tools to cope with your emotions without using food, and
- reconnect with your body and listen to its signals.
What's Included in the 6-week program
- Initial consultation to get to know you (60 minutes),
- 6 private coaching sessions (60 minutes each),
- tools, resources, and materials to help enhance our work between sessions,
- unlimited support by email and private messaging,
- goal setting and accountability,
- recaps of our sessions, including action steps and personalized recommendations and,
- non-judgmental, compassionate care customized to your needs.