Hi, I'm Stephenie.
It's my mission to help you quit dieting, end binge and emotional eating, make peace with food and your past, so you can feel confident and joyful in your body.
Why do I do this work?
I get it because I've been there too. I lost years dieting, eating my emotions, bingeing on food, and hating my body. I used food to dull the pain of childhood trauma reinforced by abusive relationships in my twenties and thirties. But, skip ahead a few years, and I've completely transformed my life. Making peace with food and my past has allowed me to become the person I was meant to be. I feel joyful, confident, at peace with my body, food, and my past.
I see you, I believe in you, I've been where you are now, and I know this transformation is possible for you too!
Why work with me one-on-one?
- Working with someone who has been where you are now is invaluable.
- I’m specifically trained to help you unravel negative beliefs around body image and food, replacing them with awareness and body trust.
- I know this work can get uncomfortable, but I’m an expert at helping you through the rough spots.
- I am highly trained and hold advanced certifications.
- I have decades of experience in alternative medicine, trauma-sensitive somatic healing, and coaching.
Some fun facts about me
- I’m usually pretty zen, but I LOVE full-contact sports.
- I have a phobia of grasshoppers. I swallowed one as a child (don’t even ask), and they've freaked me out ever since.
- I love old muscle cars!
- Favourite place to hang…Peggy’s Cove, Nova Scotia.
- Yes, I am that girl who still wears leg-warmers!
- I acted in a video game and a rock video.
"For the past 10 yrs, my ED was treated as the main issue, but we treated it as a symptom for the first time, which was life-changing."Mikayla Shaw, Lindsay, ON
"Before working with Stephenie, I felt unhealthy and ashamed of my body and my habits around food and exercise. Now I choose movement that feels good to me rather than what I think I should be doing. I feel more empowered, like I have the choice to be healthy rather than this being something that is fixed for me."Hayley Stanton Truro, United Kingdom
"Stephenie really helped with being able to connect to my emotions again in order to release things from my past that were no longer serving me. She is very compassionate and made me feel very comfortable and safe to express myself!"Michelle Kirk, Port Huron, Michigan, USA