Hi, I'm Stephenie.
My mission is to help you quit dieting, end emotional and binge eating, and approach food in a balanced way.
Working together, we’ll unravel negative beliefs around body image and food and replacing them with awareness and body trust so you can achieve wellness by focusing on your body’s needs rather than on how it looks.
Why do I do this work?
I want to help you break free from the diet/body image trap, so you can feel the confidence and freedom to focus on whatever you want because you have a heck of a lot to offer in this world!
Why work with me one-on-one?
- Working with someone who has been where you are now is invaluable.
- I’m specifically trained to help you unravel negative beliefs around body-image and food, replacing them with inner awareness and body trust.
- I know this work can get uncomfortable and messy, but I’m an expert at helping you through the rough spots.
- I am highly trained and hold advanced certifications.
- I take a trauma-sensitive approach. Weight stigma is trauma, as are chronic deprivation and dieting.
- I have decades of experience in alternative medicine and coaching.
Some fun facts about me
- I’m usually pretty zen, but I LOVE full-contact sports
- I have a phobia of grasshoppers. I swallowed one as a child (don’t even ask), and they've freaked me out ever since.
- I love old muscle cars!
- Favourite place to hang…Peggy’s Cove, Nova Scotia.
- Yes, I am that girl who still wears leg-warmers!
- I acted in a video game and a rock video.
"I have self compassion the first time in my life and an awareness of the connection between my behaviour and feelings and how my body responds, and I have more respect and communication with my body."Debbie Vandennaker, Beaverton, Ontario, Canada
"Before working with Stephenie, I felt unhealthy and ashamed of my body and my habits around food and exercise. Now I choose movement that feels good to me rather than what I think I should be doing. I feel more empowered, like I have the choice to be healthy rather than this being something that is fixed for me."Hayley Stanton Truro, United Kingdom
"Stephenie really helped with being able to connect to my emotions again in order to release things from my past that were no longer serving me. She is very compassionate and made me feel very comfortable and safe to express myself!"Michelle Kirk, Port Huron, Michigan, USA