Join Stephenie Farrell for a conversation with special guest, Marianne Williamson about her new book TEARS TO TRIUMPH: The Spiritual Journey from Suffering to Enlightenment.
TEARS TO TRIUMPH boldly states that modern civilization has itself become a depressing phenomenon, predicated on principles that dissociate us from the feelings of connectedness and wholeness without which happiness cannot be found. It argues that psychic pain, like physical pain, exists for a reason – and must be listened to for the message it conveys. The mind, like the body, is imbued with an immune system with which we must align ourselves in our efforts to heal.
Listen as Marianne speaks about the issues that are included in her book:
- Emotional torment – why is such suffering a part of our experience? What does it mean? And how can we survive it and even transcend it?
- What is the response to suffering at the heart of all great religious teachings?
- Why is it important to be fully available to our suffering, as opposed to suppressing it or numbing it?
- Why has our suffering become a profit center for the pharmaceutical industry?
- What is the relationship between individual and collective suffering?
- What are the spiritual principles that deliver us from our pain, and how do we apply them?
With her usual references to A Course in Miracles, plus an in-depth inquiry into the spiritual responses to suffering within the stories of Buddha, Moses and Jesus, Williamson opens a much-needed conversation about the sources of our sadness as well as its transcendence.
I hope you enjoy this very special interview with Marianne and that TEARS TO TRIUMPH will touch you as deeply as it has me.